We have had a couple of attempts at finding someone suitable for this position with the main problem being not knowing exactly what we need, but we are pretty set now on the requirements.
As we continue to expand we are looking for a dynamic individual to fill a key role within our office to help with our onward expansion.
This is a full time, permanent position (subject to a trial period)
Main Roles -
- To manage all aspects of the parts used in the business from liaising with mechanics to order parts they require for jobs in the workshops on a daily basis, to manage the stock of regularly used parts and to liaise with suppliers to ensure parts are delivered in a timely fashion.
- To manage the job sheets and liaise with the mechanics to ensure they record their hours and the parts used accurately and then enter the details in to our internal garage management system (Dragon 2000) for tracking each job leading towards the final invoicing.
- To prepare reports based on the vehicle health checks carried out by us and then assist with preparing estimates for future work
- To handle existing parts sales to the public or other garages that come in over the phone or via email
- To deal with customers; over the phone, via email as well as face to face when they visit.
As you settle in to the job within six months we would expect the role to expand to include:-
- Regularly shop around to ensure we are getting the best prices from suppliers.
- Manage the purchase and importation of parts from abroad from existing suppliers as well as tracking down new ones.
- Assist in setting up and running an ecommerce website for selling parts direct to customers.
Required skills -
We expect you to be able to demonstrate the following key skills:
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Confident and professional communication skills
- Full clean driving licence
- MS Office particularly Outlook and Excel - you will need to at a minimum be able sort data and create basic formulas for manipulating data within Excel.
- Experience of garage management and/or stock control systems.
- Numerate, accurate and thorough.
Required Experience -
It is essential that the applicant has experience of all aspects of managing stock from purchasing through to setting stock and re-order levels ideally within the automotive or a similar industry.
Experience of 4x4s and their uses for things like overlanding, etc. is helpful, but not essential as long as you are interested and willing to learn.
Training will be provided where required
Office Hours are ideally 8:30 - 6:00 Monday to Friday to coincide with the workshops.
Salary is negotiable based on experience. As the role develops some form of commission/profit share will be introduced.
If interested please email your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware that due to a large number of applicants you may not be contacted.